AISM Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
AISM’s PTA is a volunteer organization comprising parents and staff who work collaboratively to promote an enriched educational program for AISM students. Additionally, the PTA:
- Provides parents and staff a forum to share ideas, concerns and experiences.
- Raises funds to help provide additional resources to school projects.
- Organizes social events for parents and children, providing opportunities for people to meet and get to know each other.
All parents/guardians of enrolled AISM students and all AISM faculty members and administration members are automatically members of the PTA. The governing bodies of the PTA are the General Assembly of Members and the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee comprises the following:
- Vice Chairperson
- Primary School Room Parent Coordinator
- Secondary School Grade Parent Coordinator
- Faculty Representative
PTA STANDING COMMITTEES
Six standing committees comprise interested parents and staff who address specific tasks throughout the year. Currently, the PTA operates with the following committees:
- Families in Transition (FIT) Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Publicity Committee
- Hospitality Committee
- Festival Committee
- Sports Liaison Committee
PTA CALENDAR EVENTS
The PTA organizes several events throughout the year, either to raise funds or simply to have fun!
These events include Welcome Back Barbeques, International Day Lunch, Family Festival and Teacher Appreciation Day.
PTA GENERAL MEETINGS
The PTA meets monthly on the first Wednesday of every month at 07:45 in the Staff Lounge. All parents and staff are invited to attend these meetings. Invitations along with the agenda are emailed to parents and staff one week prior to the meeting date. Minutes are posted on the PTA community webpage after each meeting.
PTA CONTACT US