AISM is an independent nonprofit school governed by a seven-member board of directors, six of whom are elected by the AISM Association and one of whom serves as the appointed representative of the U.S. Embassy. Association membership is automatically conferred on all parents and guardians who have children attending AISM.
The role of AISM’s board is to:
- Exercise full control of the business and affairs of the Association and of the School
- Uphold the mission of the School
- Legally represent the School
- Appoint the school director
- Approve tuition, budgets, policies
- Present reports to the Association
- Deliberate, communicate and ensure that AISM progresses in its strategic goals in support of the School’s Mission
AISM is a non-owned, not-for-profit institution, meaning every dollar received is invested in the school. These funds provide an excellent education for our students by attracting and retaining highly qualified faculty, staff, and administration; and by investing in quality instructional resources, including equipment, technology, and teaching supplies, and maintaining, remodeling, or adding to our facilities.
Our board of directors are voluntary members who receive no financial compensation for their commitment of time and effort—as a non-owned, non-profit entity, there are no owners, investors, or shareholders to which a return is paid.
Our tuition rates are comparable to international schools of like nature in Southern Africa. The education that AISM provides is unparallelled in Maputo, offering comprehensive educational programs and services—including status as an IB World School (providing all of PYP, MYP, and DP)—and the best facilities and most qualified faculty among schools in Maputo.