Café Sol Snack Bar (Tuck Shop) for secondary school students:
As part as AISM’s plan to normalization school operations during the pandemic, we have decided to re-open the secondary school snack bar.
Given the need for adequate spacing between students, faculty, and staff we have developed a system that will reduce lines via pre-ordering and prepayment of consumer accounts.
Step 1: Pre-payment into student/staff accounts:
To create a truly cashless system we will create a pre-paid account for each consumer (student/staff) by which, each time there is an order made, the cost of that order will be deducted from the prepaid balance in the account.
From A Café Sol Staff person will be stationed at the parking lot just north of the lot in front of the main entrance of the school, at drop-off and pick-up from September 8 to 10: card and cash prepayments for food and drink will be possible at the stand during those 3 days.
Also from September 8 onward, prepayments can be made through the following ways:
1. Mpesa to 842233761
2. Bank EFT To Companhia do Café de Maputo.
BCI Account number: 1262319310001
NIB: 0008 0000 12623193101 80
3. Payment in-person at Café Sol in Sommerschield II, either by cash or card
Note: For Mpesa and Bank EFT account pre-payment, it must be followed by an SMS or WhatsApp text message alerting Café Sol of the payment, including student name and amount paid.
Step 2: Pre-ordering: (for secondary students we be able to order lunch only)
1. Send a message either via Whatsapp or SMS to 842233761 with the following information:
Name of Student
Items and quantities desired
2. Orders can be sent from the day before up to 9:00 the day the food is to be picked up at lunchtime. This is restricted only to lunch for students for the time being.
3. Because of the pre-ordering system needed under the current environment, each consumer’s account will be charged at the time of order and not at the time of pick-up. Unfortunately, it will be difficult to re-credit a consumer’s account if the student/consumer does not show to pick up or cancels the order too late to make changes.
3. Food Pick-up
- Each food order will be individually packaged ---
- We will try to be as environmentally friendly as possible, although some things like cling-wrap may have to be used for now.
- At lunchtime, 3 lunch distribution stations on the deck will serve lunches using Alphabetical Grouping by first name. (This will help in reducing the size of the pick-up line, as well as waiting time)