A very warm welcome back to school to you and your family. I am so excited to be starting my second year as the Primary Principal at AISM. It is a great honor to serve the AISM learning community, and I look forward to another incredible year.
We are especially pleased so many new learners and their families have joined the AISM community this year. Welcome into the Buffalo Herd!
The primary school at AISM is pleased to announce the new teachers and leaders who have joined us this year:
|Ms. Taryn||Assistant Principal and PYP Coordinator|
|Ms. Kelli||Kindergarten Teacher|
|Ms. Ria||Grade 1 Teacher|
|Ms. Caroline||Grade 4 Teacher|
|Ms. Kalley||Grade 5 Teacher|
|Mr. Lynton||Grade 5 Teacher|
|Ms. Tara||K-1 Learning Support Specialist|
|Ms. Sharon||Performing Arts Teacher|
Additionally, please note the following important points of information:
- Classes begin promptly at 07:30.
- School ends at 14:30 and all primary school learners must be picked up from their classrooms. Learners who are not picked up by 14:40 will be escorted to the primary school office where parents can then collect them.
- Please read our Acceptable Use Policy for technology and our Code of Conduct with your child. These documents may be found in our community portal on the website.
- Please sign the forms your child brings home and return them to the homeroom teacher by the end of this week.
- Wednesday, August 21, is our Buffalo Quest. The Buffalo Quest is a school spirit event for primary school students from 13:30 to 14:30 that is organised and facilitated by our secondary student leaders.
- Please note that our Week Without Walls for Grade 5 is September 23-27. Initial information about your learner’s Week Without Walls trip has been shared via email, and more information will be coming from Mr. Lee Clagnaz in the Integrated Learning office.
All parents are invited to a Back to School Orientation and Picnic from 09:00 to 14:00 on the 24th of August. This will be an opportunity for you to meet your child’s teachers and learn more about our school’s vision of learning, the PYP framework, and the AISM learning outcomes. Further details will be provided leading up to this community event. Look for information from the school and our partners in the PTA.
This week there are no after school activities (ASAs). ASAs will begin on August 26th. More information will be coming from Mr. Clagnaz and Mr. Tavela in the Integrated Learning office.
Throughout the year if you have any questions, or would like to schedule a meeting with me, please contact Jessica Maarifo at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am excited about the year ahead and the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with all members of the AISM community.
To our new and returning families at AISM, I would like to wish you all the best for a wonderful year of learning.